Chimney flashing repair is critical for homeowners because it reduces the need for costly chimney sweeps and repairs.
If you don’t fix your chimney flashing, it might lead to water infiltration, which can cost you a lot of money in the long run.
Just because you flashed your chimney once doesn’t mean you’re done. You may need to repair your chimney by flashing if you have recently experienced a chimney leak or observed rust spots in your fireplace.
Chimney flashing inspection should be done at least once a year since it can uncover chimney problems early on before they become costly to fix.
Non-inspection and repair of a chimney’s numerous components, such as the flue, linear, firebox, cap, crown, and so on, can result in water penetration, ember escape, flue obstruction, brickwork, or crown cracks. A chimney flashing repair occurs in three stages:
- Step flashing: Step flashings are rectangle pieces of metal 90 degrees from the center to fix chimney flashing. The most common use is for roof-to-wall chimney flashing. Many flashing pieces are layered with shingles to help direct water away from the wall.
- Counter Flashing: Finished with a cap or counter. It is a continuous piece of steel bent forward and over the flashing to be waterproof. Upon installation, it will be shaped like an inverted L and placed into a vertical masonry wall. It is usually found inside a groove in the masonry carved into the chimney and used to cover up the step flashing.
- Base Flashing: The flashing around the upturned edges of the waterproof membrane on a roof is known as base flashing. Metal and material flashings are connected between a roof and a vertical surface. The base flashing protects the chimney’s base against water entry.
Signs to show you need chimney flashing
The signs that a chimney’s flashing needs to be repaired are clear. A chimney was designed to last for a long time with no problems.
A chimney’s lifespan can be significantly reduced if not properly maintained, cleaned, swept, or inspected. The following are some of the signs to show that your chimney needs to be repaired:
- Leaking from the chimneys interior or exterior
- Dripping sounds of water from the rooftop when there’s clear evidence of the absence of rain
- Discoloration of bricks around the surrounding chimney area
- Presence of rust in the chimney
- Interior ceilings or walls are covered with water stains.
The cost of chimney flashing repair
There are different variations of chimneys, and their type directly impacts the chimney flashing repair cost.
The cost of some materials is lower, and working with them is more straightforward than with others.
If the chimney flashing has been correctly placed, but there is still water leakage, applying polyurethane caulk or other primary forms of flashing materials may be sufficient to solve the problem.
Chimney flashing repair pricing table
|Chimney Type||Chimney flashing repair cost|
|Metal||$250 – $1,200|
|Mansory||$300 – $1,500|
|Prefabricated||$250 – $1,200|
Type of common chimney repair
|Type of common chimney repair||Cost|
|Cap||$100 – $250|
|Flue||$300 – $2000|
|Crown||$750 – $1000|
|Flashing||$200 – $300|
|Mortar||$150 – $500|
Why Choose Eco Chimney Solutions for Your Chimney-related needs?
Eco Chimney Solutions is located in Seattle and offers its services across all parts of the state, making it the better choice for your chimney sweep needs.
Eco Chimney Solutions has proven itself in consistency, performance, and delivery.
Eco Chimney provides clients with unique, budget-friendly services. As one of the best chimney service providers in Seattle, they provide affordable chimney flashing repair cost tailored to their client’s budgets.
They offer attention to detail, value for money, affordable pricing, and they provide comfort to their clients like no other. Get in touch with Eco Chimney Solutions and get solutions to all your chimney needs. Pricing:
|Chimney Sweep – Full sweep of your chimney.||$59|
|Chimney Repair – Repairs all small to medium damage to your chimney.||$99|
|Chimney Inspection – Full evaluation, inspection, and detailed report.||$32|
Eco Chimney Solutions chimney flashing repair in Seattle: Contact details
The company is accessible through:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (855) 431-1193 (available from 10:00 – 19:00).